Click Here to sign the Darfur Petition!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Grandad

I just heard from mum that Grandad is in hospital again. She doesn't often ring me and she was talking in a way that made it sound very serious. He's been bleeding from the bladder again, had an operation to quarterise it to stop the bleeding and will have a transfusion of 3 bags of blood. I don't think I grasped how serious she was trying to indicate it was. He's been through all of the above before. Maybe it's because there's only so much his frail, weight losing, 94 year old body can take? Maybe it's because she saw him and the state he was in and i'm here in hobart distant from him? Granny was also even more worried than before, saying to mum to call Gerald and somebody else and somebody else. (i think Gerald is another relative, i can't remember at the moment).

Cathie (mum's sister) is coming to Launceston next Tuesday. Andrew is coming from Melbourne on Saturday. Dave just left for america today (with a meaningful goodbye from Grandad), I'm going up next weekend. Not sure what Phoebe&Dave are up to.

Mum said Grandad's memoirs are now published. Not sure how many copies they got printed - at least a couple of hundred i think it would be, they way printing costs are. Grandad said he wanted to see them finished before he dies. Now they are. Will he make it til his 95th birthday next Wednesday? I hope so, I hope i can see him when i go up next weekend (if needed i'll go up earlier). But who knows how many days, weeks or months God has for Lindsay C. Powell here on earth.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Sherrin said...

I was so pleased to see that your blog was updated (I subscribe to www.bloglines.com so I can see when each blog I like is updated), but I am sorry it must be on such a somber note for you. I will be praying for you! We all know we must loose our grandparents at some time, but that does not make it easier when it happens (or seems like it might happen soon). My Grandad died in 2002 at 89 (I wish he'd been able to make it to 90!) and we still miss him sometimes.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Sherrin said...

Yvonne - I can't find your email address on my hotmail account, but I'd still really like to meet up this weekend! I actually went to Sea Port this morning for breakfast, so I'd have no trouble finding it! I hope to hear from you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats