Click Here to sign the Darfur Petition!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Autumn in City Park, my Grandparents, and death is not the end

Autumn in City Park, April 2006. This is a photo I took yesterday when I was on my way to my Grandparents house in Launceston. They live only 10 minutes walk from City Park, on Elphin Road.

Granny is 84 and Grandad is 94 years old. They have lived in the same house for about 47 years. My dad has been editing Grandad's memoirs and there are plans to get it printed.

They are both suffering with multiple illnesses and so life is very difficult for them and they have nurses and carers come in several times a day. Fortunately they both know God and so have hope for the future. They are also blessed with family and still being together in their own home.

We are going into their place for lunch today (we are taking in food).


This morning my parents and I went to the dawn easter service at Brady's lookout. I forgot to take my camera but here is a picture of the same view that i took a few weeks ago:

It is hard to comprehend that God came to earth in his son Jesus, and then took us by suprise in living a life of poverty, service and speaking powerful truths and then died an horrible death but amazingly came to life again to show death is not the end for those who follow him. I'm not sure that it is possible to comprehend this truth fully in this life - however, it is love itself on offer for us, should God draw us to him.

In the last week I've especially noticed in the passages read about Jesus trial and death, the humiliation and suffering went through at the hands of selfish, evil people and that he knows what it is to suffer. Those who are suffering can find an understanding friend in Jesus. It's wonderful that he came to give life to all people - that is a special message for those who feel rejected, unloved and oppressed around the world - to know that one who is the creator of world loves them, though the world doesn't. I think that those who are humbled by poverty, suffering and oppression can more easily understand and be able to receive this gift of life. I pray that I may be blessed with an open heart and the humility to know my true position as an unworthy receiver of God's grace and friendship and then be able to make my life one of gratitude and love for Him.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Sherrin said...

Yvonne, I love both the photos you posted. Thanks also for sharing your thoughts. It is special to read about your grandparents.

 
At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I liked this post too especially the death is not the end stuff. The hot cross buns look great too - it made me miss hanging out in your kitchen, chatting and cooking! - I only just realised - they don´t do hot cross buns for easter here in Bolivia. another one of those things that you don´t realised isn´t the only way of doing things until you are somewhere else.
Kerri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats