Click Here to sign the Darfur Petition!

Saturday, December 16, 2006

today, which just became yesterday

Today (i mean friday)Fiona, Cathy and I visited Senator Calvert and presented the "Unity Statement on Overcoming Global Poverty" signed by 8 leaders of christian denominations in Tasmania and endorsed by 17 christian organisations.

It was a positive meeting and he is fairly supportive of our concerns. He was also quite approachable and relaxed. We discovered that he has been on trips to Africa, and is going to Cambodia in January. I'm not sure of the main purposes of these trips but they included visits to aid projects.

We're going to keep in touch with him and I'm looking forward to it.
_____________________________________________

I also visited the doctor and found out my Vitamin D results - 39, back in the normal range, getting more sun has been working (and maybe some help from the margarine).
_____________________________________________
In the afternoon I met with Fiona to review meeting up for the year and then after that I met with Fiona and Owen to review how World Prayer Group has been going this year.
_____________________________________________
Tomorrow (sat) i'm going up north for a TEAR state committee meeting in Evandale. I'll stay overnight, see Granny, mum&dad, go to my cousin Anna's 18th B'day party then get a bus back to hobart on Sunday. Then am having a TEAR useful gift stall at church, which will be good - it's so encouraging to see people buy gifts for people who really need it.
_____________________________________________
Observation: Less prayer=more stress. More prayer=less stress and clearer mind - i have experienced Phil 4:7

3 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Joe Towns said...

Hi Yvonne! Thanks for your blog. Good observation - we need to pray more for more reasons than one. Re. Vitamin D... I've read that a good diet should do it, but I didn't know margarine was particularly helpful. Interesting :) seeya. Joe.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Jonny said...

So what did you vote for in Taste of Tasmania? I am guessing it wasn't Fish Frenzies.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

i didn't end up doing the judging (it wasn't for the main award but the "Eat Well Tasmania best dish). I did however enjoy and mushroom, goats cheese rosti with eggplant sauce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats